- Write about a prized possession from your character’s childhood, such as a blanket or plush toy.
- An unexpected package is waiting for your character on the doorstep. There is no return address.
- Write about a moment your character realized they’d made a horrible mistake.
- "We just went for Chinese…"
- Your character is in the back seat of a taxi.
- Write about three things your character’s father told them.
- "…and her red hair lit the wall." (After Richard Hugo.)
- Your character is remembering a smell.
- Write about a scar.
- Your character sees a stranger crying.
- "Afterward, I thought about…"
- Write about your character admitting the truth.
- What is your character’s neighborhood like at 5 PM?
- Write about all that was left after he was gone.
- Your character is in a hotel lobby.
- Write about a time your character’s favorite color changed.
- Someone is calling your character’s name from across the super market.
- It was October and everything was bright orange.
- Your character is driving on gravel.
- "I would like to make an exchange."
- Write about a pleasant scent your character hates.
- "…is my favorite season."
- Sounds you hear at night while camping.
- Write about your character falling from grace.
- A stranger has anonymously paid for your character’s lunch in a restaurant.
- Write about an abandoned house.
- "These are my oldest pair of shoes."
- Write about a time your character found out something they weren’t supposed to know about.
- Your character is being accused of something they didn’t do.
- Write about the hardest lesson your character ever had to learn.
"No, it’s so fun try it."
Tucker laughs a little, rolling his eyes. “If you insist.” He jumps a few times, enthusiasm lessening with each bounce. Eventually, he’s just wiggling his hips, feet planted firmly on the ground. “Whoopsie.”
"You’re mental," Tucker laughs, watching her bounce up and down. "I’m afraid my bones can’t handle such a thing, lassie. I’ll surely break something."